IBM Datacap Version 9.1.4 is NOW OUT !!!
IBM has released version 9.1.4 of its Imaging platform Datacap which is packed with some very usefull enhancements. Some of these include:
Recognition Engine Updates
- The OCR/A and OCR/S actions are updated to allow image rotation and deskew during Recognition.
- The OCR/A recognition engine is updated to support a number of settings to adjust and control recognition features.
- In Datcap Studio OCR/A tab, there is the Character Set setting.
- Have been added to many more Action Libraries including Autodoc, Barcode_P, DCO, Locate, Picture and many more
Stability Improvements in TaskMaster Server
- Memory optimization and stability fixes in ADO pooling, COM thread model and prior optimization fixes are improved.
- LLLDAP authentication routines are optimized in TaskMaster Server
Datacap Navigator Enhancements
- Local Profile
- Local Rendering Viewer
- Checkbox View with Batch Tree
- Switching between “Fit to Width” and “Fit to Height” in user setting
Converting PDF (without searchable text) to searchable PDF
- If you have a PDF that does not contain searchable text or partially contains searchable text, you can convert it in to a searchable PDF with searchable text.
Robotic Process Automation
If that is not exciting enough IBM Datacap 9.1.4 NOW has its own RPA Metabot. That’s right, you can use the Datacap MetaBot that is provided with IBM Robotic Process Automation (IBM RPA) with Automation Anywhere client to extract content from electronic or image documents and return structured data that can be used downstream in the IBM RPA logic. The Datacap MetaBot connects and authenticates into a Datacap application via the Datacap REST Web Service (wTM) APIs. That runs the tasks that are specifically set up beforehand in the Datacap server for the type of documents to be processed. Learn More